Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Good Morning God

Some time ago, I attended a class taught by Julie. Little did Julie know that she gave everyone in the class a great little gift. I am thankful for her gift and would like to pass it along by sharing it with you.

Julie would begin each day of the class by saying the following:

Good Morning God,
Thy will be done,
Today is a day of completion,
Thank you for a perfect day,
Miracle will follow miracle,and
Wonders will never cease.


(Original prayer by Florence Scovel Shinn, The Game of Life and How to Play It, (pp. 36-7))

From a metaphysical perspective, this short saying is jam-packed with meaning. Too much in fact to go into in detail in this article.

Ever since I first heard this little prayer, saying it has been a part of my morning routine. This short saying helps me to connect with God each morning. It serves as a nice reminder that the Divine Presence is right here with me, not just in some far off location. It states that I am open to God's will being done in and through my life today.

I am sure that this little prayer will have its own special meaning to you. If you already have a special way of connecting with God each morning, then by all means, continue with what you have. If you do not have a special way of connecting with God each morning, then you are invited to try this one.

Blessings to you my dear friends!

Michael

No comments: